Proposed Objects Changes
ATTENTION: CURRENT PCBFA MEMBERS
The PCBFA Board of Directors wishes to bring the following notice to your attention. The official objects of our association have not been updated since our formation in 1982, and we feel they no longer accurately reflect the work that we do, and our purpose for existing.
The current objects of the society are as follows:
1) To provide for the recreation of the members and to promote and afford opportunity for friendly and social activities
2) To acquire lands, by purchase or otherwise, erect or otherwise provide a building or buildings for social and community purposes
3) To provide a meeting place for the consideration and discussion of questions affecting the interests of the community
4) To establish and maintain a library and reading room
5) To provide all necessary equipment and furniture for carrying on its various objects
6) To provide a centre and suitable meeting place for the various activities of the community
7) Generally to encourage and foster and develop among its members a recognition of the importance of agriculture in the national life
8) To sell, manage, lease, mortgage, dispose of, or otherwise deal with the property of the society
9) To promote better forage management in the north peace region
10) To provide a newsletter for members on forage management
We hereby propose that all of the current objects of the society be removed, and the following objects be added:
To advance education in the field of agriculture by conducting unbiased, scientifically sound research trials and demonstrations under our local Peace Country growing conditions, for the farmers and ranchers of the Peace Country.
To advance education in the field of agriculture by hosting seminars, workshops, field days and other learning opportunities, and providing written educational materials on agriculture for the farmers and ranchers of the Peace Country.
To protect the environment for the benefit of the public by promoting farming and ranching practices that are environmentally responsible and sustainable, thus conserving and restoring ecosystems and biodiversity on a long-term basis.
To promote and maintain efficiency and high standards of practice in the agriculture industry for the benefit of the public by offering technical assistance and training on the implementation of best
management practices, for individuals engaged in the agriculture industry.
We will be holding a special general meeting to discuss and then vote on this resolution. The meeting will be held at the Rycroft Ag Events Centre, on August 23 rd at 4:30PM.
Contact Liisa Jeffrey with any questions at
The meeting will be followed by the Cattle Market Outlook Evening.